Media Access Request
- Campus Recreation Services reserves the right to revoke media privileges at any time for violation of the below guidelines.
- If revocation of media priveleges is not obeyed Campus Recreation Services reserves the right to revoke facility privileges.
- Photography is NEVER permitted in locker rooms or restrooms or activity areas.
- Defined as media of yourself or others who have expressly asked to be recorded for use on personal social media or other personal outlets. Such media may not be published commercially or academically.
- Personal media may not adversely affect other patrons. This includes: unwanted recording of other patrons, recording in bathrooms or locker rooms, and distracting or unsafe behavior.
- Personal media does not require authorization, however please see area guidelines for specific restrictions.
- Defined as media of yourself, others, or the facility for the purpose of an academic project or University of Utah publication.
- Any patrons of the facility captured in academic media must be informed of what the project is and give their explicit permission to be recorded and always reserve the right to refuse to be in media.
- Academic media will require authorization below from the Campus Recreation Services marketing department at least7 business days prior to intended date of media access.
- Defined as media of yourself, others, or the facility for profit, widespread distribution, or otherwise by a third party not contracted or affiliated with the University of Utah.
- Commercial media that captures recognizable imagery, and/or Campus Recreation Services facilities that is not affiliated with the University of Utah, is not allowed at this time.
- Regardless of the above category of media, the below guidelines apply to all media captured in the aquatics center.
- Any requests to record in the aquatics center must be sent7 business days prior to intended date of media access.
- Lifeguards must be present when anyone is on the pool deck. Additional guard hours will not be added for filming so please check our pool schedule and plan accordingly.
- Large/obstructive camera equipment (ie. tripods, light boxes, cabling, etc...) are not permitted on the pool deck.
- Fill out the online form below for approval by marketing manager Jess Pechmann.
- A response will be sent to you by email within 2-5 business days depending on what access is being requested.
- Please provide adequate details of your intentions otherwise you will be denied access.
- When you arrive on the day you have been given access you will be given a media pass that must be worn at all times while in the facility.
- We have very limited space for printed publications and priority will always be given to Campus Recreation Services posters.
- Any third party posters are subject to approval on a case by case basis depending on availability of space and whether or not the publication aligns with the mission of Campus Recreation Services and University of Utah poster guidelines.