We are a mask friendly campus
All people are asked to wear well fitting masks indoors or when queueing outdoors while on campus. Masks are the first line of defense when you are around others, even if you are vaccinated. If you are in an indoor space with others or any large crowd you should be wearing one. Make sure it is covering both your mouth and your nose. Well-fitting surgical masks, KN95s, or N95s protect better than cloth masks.
In addition, in order to keep the number of cases low members of the campus community are being asked to follow these protocols
- Test weekly for COVID-19, even if asymptomatic
- Get vaccinated against COVID-19 and get a booster when eligible
- If you test positive, or are unvaccinated and exposed to COVID-19 follow the 5-5-5 rule*
Currently in effect:
- Family hours. See facility hours for details.
- Children under 5 are free. Children 5-17, $8 – must stay with parent/legal guardian doing the same activity. No Core/Cove accessibility.
- Guest passes are available, $8. Must come in with eligible affiliate.
- Courts and gyms are open for group play. See specific area schedules and calendar here.
- Locker rooms are fully open for use.
- Locker rentals are available according to details here.
- The Core area is open for free movement and spotting.
- The 3rd floor area is open, along with the Shoreline Trail indoor track. All cardio and functional fitness equipment has been moved back to original areas. Please follow all posted signage and directions.
- Crimson Lagoon locker rooms and showers are open for use.
- The Crimson Lagoon pools* and spa are open at normal capacity. No reservations necessary.
- The Summit top rope climbing wall is now open. No reservations necessary.
*For all other updates, please see specific guidelines for each area below.
Outdoor Adventures lobby is now fully open. Reservations for equipment will still be accepted by phone. Please call 801-581-8516 to make your reservation.
Please know that we are monitoring the situation daily and ask that you refer to UU web site, https://coronavirus.utah.edu/, for the most up-to-date protocols and updates. Check back for changes or updates as the situation evolves.