The University of Utah continues to work closely with our local health department, following state health guidelines and other federal directives to determine continued steps for campus operations. The university at-large, as well as Campus Recreation Services (CRS) have developed multiple plans to ensure the health and safety of students, faculty and staff, based on current state conditions and data.
It is still our commitment to keep our campus community healthy and safe. Following guidelines and directives, the Eccles Student Life Center is currently OPEN and operating for a low level of transmission of coronavirus, set by the University of Utah, under the recommendations of Salt Lake County health guidelines. Please note this is still a fluctuating situation, and be advised that our hours of operation may change at any time without notice. We will update our website, facilities, and programming with new guidelines as they become available, so we thank you for your continued patience!
UPDATES: As of Monday, May 24, face coverings are no longer required within University of Utah facilities, including the Eccles Student Life Center. We are a mask-friendly facility however, and anyone is welcome to wear a mask if they so choose. Vaccination is proving highly effective in preventing severe COVID-19, hospitalization, and death from coronavirus. Therefore we encourage all students, staff, faculty and any other campus recreation participant to recieve a vaccination.
Starting June 14, the following changes will be implemented:
- Locker rooms are open for use
- Student semester lockers available for rent. Annual lockers will be available starting July 1.
- The Core area is open for free movement and spotting.
- The 3rd floor area is open, along with the Shoreline Trail indoor track. All cardio and functional fitness equipment has been moved back to original areas. Please follow all posted signage and directions.
- Crimson Lagoon locker rooms and showers are open for use.
- The 50-meter lap pool is open and will allow 1 person per 25-meter lane.
- The Summit top rope climbing wall is now open. No reservations necessary.
For all other updates, please see specific guidelines for each area: AREA PROGRAM GUIDELINES
Outdoor Adventures lobby is now fully open. Reservations for equipment will still be accepted by phone. Please call 801-581-8516 to make your reservation.
Please know that we are monitoring the situation daily and ask that you refer to UU web site, https://coronavirus.utah.edu/, for protocols and updates. Check back for changes or updates as the situation evolves.