The Summit Climbing facility features a 54-foot climbing wall with 11 anchors, interchangeable for both lead climbing and top rope climbing. It also has a multi-pitch transition ledge at 28 feet. We also have a 13-foot bouldering wall, with problems set by Summit staff. Combined, that's over 4,600 square feet of climbable surface!
Programs include climbing competitions, boulder leagues, climbing clinics, outdoor climbing trips, movement and technique classes, family climbing hours, special events, and more.
Trips & Clinics
Sendsations 2024 is almost here!! Join us for our annual bouldering competition in the Summit Climbing Gym. Registration includes a t-shirt and raffle ticket. Spots and t-shirt sizes are limited. Finals are Saturday, Feb. 24th and spectators are welcome on the main floor for viewing! There will be raffles, prizes, and give-aways for participants and spectators!
Jan. 29 - Registration opens
Feb. 12-21 - Redpoint qualifying round, climbers will self-score and climb at their own pace and schedule during open boulder hours. The Summit will close at 9:30PM on the 21st.
Feb. 22-23 - The Summit is closed for finals setting.
Feb. 24 - Sendsations Finals start at 8AM
The Summit Orientation
Stop by during our open hours for a short informational tour of the climbing facility to learn about programs, features, safety, scheduled classes and to learn more about how we can serve you in The Summit.
Top Rope Climbing Skills Verification
In order to top rope belay at The Summit, the instructor staff need to verify your belaying and technical skills. The skills verification is mandatory and you must qualify in order to belay. Please register for our Learn to Belay class if your unfamiliar with top rope belaying.
Lead Climbing Skills Verification
After you’ve proven your proficiency with top rope belaying and you desire to lead climb at The Summit, you and your partner must prove your ability to both lead climb and lead belay with your own 40 meter or greater UIAA approved dynamic rope. You must test with assisted breaking device. Please register for our Learn to Lead Climb class if you're unfamiliar with lead climbing and lead belaying.
CLIMBING FACILIY GROUP RENTALS
Please contact Spenser Herkelman for availability and rates.
All policies and procedures of The Summit still apply to the Family Climbing Sessions.
No family climbing available on weekdays. See scheduled hours.
Children (Age 5 – 13)
- Must be at least 5 years old to participate.
- Must be with a parent/guardian at all times and under direct supervision.
- Are not allowed to belay.
- Lead climbing is not allowed.
Youths (Age 14 – 17)
- Able to top rope or lead belay upon successful completion of The Summit top rope skills
- Weight and qualifying restrictions apply.
- May lead climb upon successful completion of the lead skills verification.
- Must pass The Summit’s top rope or lead belay skills qualification in order to belay for other family members.
- Must belay for other family members unless members have passed the belay qualifications and meet all belay qualification expectations and policies.
- Must supervise family members age 13 and under.
- Only two family members ages 13 and under can be supervised per parent/guardian.
- Is open for all family members ages 5 and older during family climbing hours.
- Spotting is not required, but it is highly encouraged.