Join the Crimson Crew
- Access to employee lounge, Base Camp
- Three complimentary guest passes per semester, discounted significant other & children's memberships
- Complimentary day use of equipment rental
- Individual entry fee waiver for Intramural Sports
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications
- Fitness class registration and drop-in classes
- 50% off in-house training and certifications
- $50 Outdoor Adventures equipment rental credit per semester (rotating)
- Crimson Crew Scholarships
Total value of over $25,000
I really enjoyed the consistent camaraderie that I felt with all my peers within the Crew. It was very easy to make friends and be sociable at work thanks to the common attitude and desire to pursue it at work. I know it is something I will cherish forever as I continue on in my professional and adult life!
If done with the right mindset and goals, working with the Crimson Crew can create a personal growth beyond what any college courses are going to teach you. My time working in the building and with my peers was something special and probably one of the biggest highlights I will look back on from my college experience. To take my experience as "just a place to work" would downplay the magnitude of what the Crimson Crew has to offer. I am truly grateful for my time working with all of you.
[Because of] the culture of the people around me. I met people who have become my closest friends and who have given me the most impactful feedback. I will always remember the amazing leaders that made working at the SLC the most memorable.
- Currently enrolled student in for-credit course(s) at the University
- Ability to accommodate the needs of our users:
We open early (5:30 AM), we close late (10:30 PM) and we are open weekends and breaks
- One of the benefits of being at a university is the exposure to people with different identities, backgrounds, interests, and beliefs. You are expected to be inclusive, friendly, and helpful in all situations with all guests and coworkers.
- Willing to work in a team-centered environment and promote high expectations across all programs areas with the Crimson Crew
- Campus Recreation Services seeks to provide equal access to people with disabilities. If you need accommodations for any positions, we will work with the Center for Disability & Access to find the best way to meet your needs.
- Adhere to "The LOOK"
- The LOOK is an integral part of Campus Recreation Services
- Crimson Crew members should be identifiable without distractions
- A great LOOK delivers strong communication, credibility, and excellence
- Your attitude and appearance is a reflection of yourself, our department, and the University of Utah
- Each assignment may have specific dress codes
- It is your responsibility to know the dress code for your assigned area
Gear Central & Fitness Center Attendant
Equipment rental, locker management, uniforms, merchandise sales, laundry operations. Supervise fitness areas and ensure a safe and enjoyable environment.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations including customer service, equipment rental, cash handling, trip registration, storage, repair and maintenance of equipment.
Responsible for the day-day operations with special emphasis on equipment maintenance and repair.
Climbing Wall Specialist
Responsible for the supervision of The Summit climbing facility. Duties include, but are not limited to: maintaining a clean workplace, supervision of the summit, teaching skill clinics, and other duties as assigned.
Responsible for sales to members and guests involving memberships, locker rental and other programs and services offered at the Eccles Student Life Center.
Provide group fitness instruction, monitor participants, educate on fitness and safety,
and maintain a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants.
Responsible for fitness assessments and personal training programs with Campus Recreation
Services clients. Trainers must maintain an NCCA accredited Personal Training Certification.
Responsible for the supervision of the pool area during recreational swimming hours and all other events in the pool. This includes opening and securing the pool facilities, and ensuring that a safe and fun environment is maintained. Opportunities for Head Lifeguard available to those who qualify. See leadership positions below.
Responsible for teaching basic swimming safety skills and technique improvement.
Intramural Sports Official
Provide quality and decisive supervision of IM activities. They facilitate a fun, safe, and welcoming environment for participants and assist with the administration of Intramural Sports.
Assisting full-time staff by learning and using marketing skills and knowledge of campus to create effective campaigns for Campus Recreation Services programs.
- Facility Manager
- Intramural Sports Supervisor
- Head Setter
- Special Events Supervisor
- Crimson Council
- Gear Central & Core Fitness Supervisor
- Membership Services Student Lead
- Outdoor Adventures Student Lead
- Head Lifeguard
- Marketing Specialist
Crimson Council interviews
Crimson Council Interviews offer the chance to bolster your application portfolio, stay engaged, and receive more information from our student leaders about our positions. A Crimson Council Interview is a group-based interview. You and other candidates will be provided two scenarios and given a set amount of time to reach a solution. You are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Knowledge of Campus Recreation Services and Resourcefulness
- Guest Service
- Critical Thinking
- Appearance and Attitude
- Overall Impression
If you want to participate in a Crimson Council Interview, please submit your application prior to the interview's respective upcoming application deadline listed above. If you sign up for a date, you will receive a confirmation email with more information.