Personal Trainer Prep Course
Do you ever dream about being your own boss, setting your own hours, or having a job you love that keeps you physically and mentally healthy? Join us for an online study course designed to help students prepare to sit for the NCCA-accredited Certified Personal Trainer exam through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM).
National academy of Sports Medicine
Certified Personal Trainer course
What does this virtual course include?
- Online study modules
- Videos and quizzes
- Sample tests
- Exercise video library
- Exercise coaching demonstrations
- E-textbook and hard-copy textbook
- Registration to sit for CPT exam
- One free exam re-test voucher in case you do not pass the first time
- Study course taught by April Pavelka, MS in Strength & Conditioning, Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist, Certified Personal Trainer
- Optional in-person exercise labs for U of U students following the study course in which you will go over form and technique for basic lifts and strength training exercises, as well as tips to coach the exercises
- U of U students who attend the entire course and one of the optional labs will be guaranteed an interview with the CRS Fitness Program to potentially work as a Personal Trainer*
*registering for this course does not guarantee a job, only an interview. Certification
does not automatically allow you to start working as a personal trainer. This is an
intensive weekend study course to provide you the materials to sit for the exam.
Thursday, October 17
May 17 - June 9, 2022
Tuesdays & Thursdays 3:00-5:00pm
Eccles Student Life Center, Hub classroom & Slickrock fitness studio
$600 if already CPR certified
$150 non-refundable deposit due during registration to hold your spot. The remaining amount will be due Wednesday,
May 11. You may make payments at any time on your own schedule.
Ready to take the next step in your fitness career?
You must be a current U of U student to participate in the Personal Trainer Prep Course. Schedule revisions are subject to change due to personal emergencies and illness, weather, and other university closures. No refunds will be given except for: illness or injury with documentation from a medical professional stating the participant should not engage in any physical activity for a period of time, the participant is no longer enrolled as a student at the University of Utah.