If you want to take swimming lessons, but don’t feel comfortable in a group, this
is the way to go! Whether you are a beginner or are looking to improve speed and
efficiency, we have an instructor who can help. Please refer to our instructor bio’s
to help you in selecting an instructor.
YOU MUST BE A VALID MEMBER OF THE STUDENT LIFE CENTER TO SIGN UP. Please check out our membership page before signing up. Children of main member will also need a membership (unless under the age of 5). Children 5 years old or older will need a membership to sign up for private lesson
Steps to sign up:
- Please email an instructor to schedule a time for your lesson. Please allow up to 36 hours to hear from an instructor.
- Sign up for a session online here: https://umarket.utah.edu/um2/crsaquatics/
- Private lessons are $20 per half hour. We offer a 3 class package for $57, a 5 class package for $90, and semi-private lessons (2 people) for $30.
Cancellations: Payment and Cancellations need to be done 24 hours prior to the swim lesson. After
24 hours a full refund is not guaranteed. Refunds for unused lessons will not be considered
after 30 days. No-shows forfeit that lesson. MUST GIVE 24 hrs to instructor to reschedule
lesson. If reschedule or cancelation is requested within 24hrs of lesson the lesson
will be forfeited.
If you have questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Owain - email@example.com
- Owain has been teaching swim lessons for two years.
- He swam competitively in high school and has competed in several triathlons.
- He has experience with teaching new swimmers how to swim, as well as refining technique and form for more experienced swimmers.
- He enjoys working with both children and adults.
- He is available weekday afternoons and early evenings, as well as Saturday mornings.
Sienna - firstname.lastname@example.org
Has taught swimming lessons for 5 years
Has coached as a USA swimming assistant coach for 2 years
Swam competitively for over 6 years
Comfortable working with all ages to improve technique or learn new skills (beginner to advanced)
available weekday evenings and weekends
Lauren – Not accepting clients in the Summer
- Lauren swam competitively for three years in high school, and one year for the University of Utah Club Swim Team.
- She has experience teaching both young children and beginner adults.
- She has extensive knowledge about technique, and has further researched front crawl to add to her experience in the water.
- Due to Lauren’s experience and passion for swimming, she is ideal for swimmers of all levels and all ages.
- She is available some weekday afternoon/evenings and most Saturday mornings.
Sierra – email@example.com
- Has taught swim lessons for 6 years, and teaches private lessons for the University.
- She is a good choice if you are a non-swimmer wanting to be more comfortable in the water, or beginner to intermediate swimmer wanting to perfect your strokes.
- She has a lot of experience with students that are nervous or brand new to swimming and can help you build confidence quickly.
- She provides non-competitive swimmers good workouts to start outside of class and is willing to help you if you want to work specifically on one skill ( i.e . If you are already an excellent swimmer but want to learn the butterfly stroke, or it you are interested in pool side diving)
- She is a good choice for those interested in training for triathlons or other competitive swimming events.
- She is very flexible on times to meet during the week, but is unavailable on weekends.
- She would only like to focus with adults. We have other great instructors that work with children.
- She has experience teaching both children and adults.
Belle – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Belle is a member of the University of Utah’s Club Swim Team.
- She has previous experience as an assistant swim coach.
- She also numerous years of experience working with children, including volunteering at her local YMCA to work with special needs children.
- She was captain of her high school swim team.
- Due to Belle’s numerous years of experience she enjoys working with swimmers of all ages and levels.
- She is available most weekday evenings and weekends.