- Student Life Center
- General Info
- Contact Us
Welcome to Intramural Sports at the University of Utah! Intramural Sports is open to all current University of Utah students or faculty/staff, alumni, or affiliated members with a Campus Recreation Services membership. Members of the general public or students at other universities are NOT eligible to participate. Intramural Sports are a great way to stay fit and active while having fun with your friends.
|Spring 2015 Season 2||Registration Period||Register||Format||Nights of Play||Rules|
|Canoe Battleship||Feb. 25 @ 8:00 AM – Apr. 15 @ 11:59 PM||Coming Soon||Single Day||Friday, April 24||Click Here|
|Flag Football (4-on-4)||Feb. 25 @ 8:00 AM – Mar. 11 @ 11:59 PM||Coming Soon||Season||Mondays||Click Here|
|Kickball Tournament||Feb. 25 @ 8:00 AM – Apr. 1 @ 11:59 PM||Coming Soon||Tournament||Saturday, April 11||Click Here|
|Dodgeball||Feb. 25 @ 8:00 AM – Mar. 11 @ 11:59 PM||Coming Soon||Season||Thursdays||Click Here|
|Table Tennis||Feb. 25 @ 8:00 AM – Mar. 11 @ 11:59 PM||Coming Soon||Season||Fridays||Click Here|
|Outdoor Basketball (2-on-2)||Feb. 25 @ 8:00 AM – Mar. 11 @ 11:59 PM||Coming Soon||Season||Tuesdays & Thursdays||Click Here|
|Sand Volleyball (2-on-2)||Feb. 25 @ 8:00 AM – Mar. 11 @ 11:59 PM||Coming Soon||Season||Tuesdays & Thursdays||Click Here|
|Soccer (11-on-11)||Feb. 25 @ 8:00 AM – Mar. 11 @ 11:59 PM||Coming Soon||Season||M, W, F||Click Here|
|Ultimate||Feb. 25 @ 8:00 AM – Mar. 11 @ 11:59 PM||Coming Soon||Season||Wednesdays||Click Here|
Some sports require the captain to attend a Captains’ Meeting. Those meetings are scheduled as follows:
- Outdoor Soccer: Thursday, March 12 at 5:00 PM in the Hub (classroom) on the main level of the Student Life Center
- Flag Football: Thursday, March 12 at 5:45 PM in the Hub (classroom) on the main level of the Student Life Center
Why should I play Intramural Sports?
- Intramural Sports is a great way to get involved on campus.
- Participating in sports on campus is a nice break from the classroom.
- It looks great on your resume (really, it does).
- It’s FUN!
What should I know about Intramural Sports?
- You can play any number of team sports like flag football, soccer, and volleyball and many individual sports like tennis and racquetball.
- Skill levels are not important in Intramural Sports as most sports are set up into competitive and recreational leagues.
- Teams generally play once per week on specific days assigned to the leagues. Unless it’s a special event, games are NOT played on weekends.
- It is not necessary to have a full team to play Intramural Sports. You may sign up as a “free agent” and we can help you find a team.
How do I register?
- Create an account at www.imleagues.com/utah
- If you have a full team: Create a team under the sport in which you want to play. Once your team has met the minimum player requirement (different for each sport, refer to sport specific rules) you can select your league or division.
- If you need to find a team: Create an account at www.imleagues.com/utah and sign up as a “Free Agent.” Find a team that needs players or we will assist you in finding a team.
- Need help creating an account, registering a team, or signing up as a free agent? Download a help sheet.
- Can’t register online? Stop by the Campus Recreation Services Office (HPER-East 214) to get registered.
Are there policies I should know about?
- Yes. You need to download the Intramural Sports Rules and Regulations. You will need to take a short quiz based on the handbook before you can sign up to play.
Where can I find the rules for the sports?
- For sports rules you can click the link above for each sport or visit each respective sport page on www.imleagues.com.
I would like to work for Intramural Sports, how do I do that?
- There are several ways that you can become and Intramural Official. No prior knowledge of a sport is required; Intramural Sports holds a training for every sport officiated.
- You can stop by our booth at the Job fair on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 in the Union Ballroom from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
- We will be holding an Informational Meeting about Intramural Sports on Tuesday, September 2 in HPER North room 218 at 4:00 PM. If you are interested in working please attend this meeting.
- If you cannot make it to the Job Fair or the meeting but are still interested in becoming an Intramural Official please contact Matt McCarthy, the Intramural Sports Manager for more information.
- You can also stop into our office, HPER East Room 214, for more information
All Training will take place in the Hub (classroom) on the main level of the Student Life Center.
- Floor Hockey: Friday, March 6 – 6:00 PM
- Flag Football: Monday, March 9 – 6:00 PM
- Outdoor Soccer: Wednesday, March 11 – 6:00 PM
- Kickball: Friday, April 10 – 6:00 PM
All trainings are mandatory if you would like to work that sport. If you would like to work a sport but have an academic conflict please make arrangements prior to the training withe Matt McCarthy – email@example.com.