Intramural Sports

Welcome to Intramural Sports at the University of Utah!  Intramural Sports is open to all current University of Utah students or faculty/staff, alumni, or affiliated members with a Campus Recreation Services membership. Members of the general public or students at other universities are NOT eligible to participate.  Intramural Sports are a great way to stay fit and active while having fun with your friends.

Upcoming Sports/Events

Summer 2015 Registration Period Register Format Nights of Play Rules
4-on-4 Flag Football May 13 @8:00 AM – May 27 @ 11:59 PM Click Here Season Monday (O) Click Here
9-on-9 Soccer May 13 @8:00 AM – May 27 @ 11:59 PM Click Here Season Wed. (O) or Fri. (CR) Click Here
Softball May 13 @8:00 AM – May 27 @ 11:59 PM Click Here Season Monday (O) Click Here
4-on-4 Sand Volleyball May 13 @8:00 AM – May 27 @ 11:59 PM Click Here Season Thursday (O) Click Here

*Key: O – Open, CR – Co-Rec, M – Men, W – Women

Some sports require the captain to attend a Captains’ Meeting. Those meetings are scheduled as follows:

  • Summer Soccer – Thursday, May 28, at 5:00 PM in the Hub
  • Summer Flag Football – Thursday May 28, at 5:45 PM in the Hub

Why should I play Intramural Sports?

  • Intramural Sports is a great way to get involved on campus.
  • Participating in sports on campus is a nice break from the classroom.
  • It looks great on your resume (really, it does).
  • It’s FUN!

What should I know about Intramural Sports?

  • You can play any number of team sports like flag football, soccer, and volleyball and many individual sports like tennis and racquetball.
  • Skill levels are not important in Intramural Sports as most sports are set up into competitive and recreational leagues.
  • Teams generally play once per week on specific days assigned to the leagues.  Unless it’s a special event, games are NOT played on weekends.
  • It is not necessary to have a full team to play Intramural Sports.  You may sign up as a “free agent” and we can help you find a team.

How do I register?

  • Create an account at
  • If you have a full team: Create a team under the sport in which you want to play.  Once your team has met the minimum player requirement (different for each sport, refer to sport specific rules) you can select your league or division.
  • If you need to find a team:  Create an account at and sign up as a “Free Agent.”  Find a team that needs players or we will assist you in finding a team.
  • Need help creating an account, registering a team, or signing up as a free agent? Download a help sheet.
  • Can’t register online? Stop by the Eccles Student Life Center Membership Counter to get registered.

Are there policies I should know about?

Where can I find the rules for the sports?

  • For sports rules you can click the link above for each sport or visit each respective sport page on

I would like to work for Intramural Sports, how do I do that?

  • There are several ways that you can become and Intramural Official.  No prior knowledge of a sport is required; Intramural Sports holds a training for every sport officiated.
  • If you are interested in becoming an Intramural Official please contact Matt McCarthy, the Intramural Sports Program Manager for more information,

Upcoming Trainings:

All Training will take place  in the Hub (classroom) on the main level of the Student Life Center.

  • There are currently no trainings scheduled

All trainings are mandatory if you would like to work that sport.  If you would like to work a sport but have an academic conflict please make arrangements prior to the training withe Matt McCarthy –


Comments are closed.