- General Information
- Contact Us
Welcome to Intramural Sports at the University of Utah! Intramural Sports is open to all current University of Utah students or faculty/staff, alumni, or affiliated members with a Campus Recreation Services membership. Members of the general public or students at other universities are NOT eligible to participate. Intramural Sports are a great way to stay fit and active while having fun with your friends.
|Fall 2014 Session 1||Registration Period||Register||Format||Rules|
|4-On-4 Sand Volleyball||Aug. 27 @ 8:00 AM – Sept. 10 @ 11:59 PM||Click Here||Season||Click Here|
|11-On-11 Outdoor Soccer||Aug. 27 @ 8:00 AM – Sept. 10 @ 11:59 PM||Click Here||Season||Click Here|
|Bean Bags/Cornhole||Aug. 27 @ 8:00 AM – Sept. 17 @ 11:59 PM||Click Here||Tournament||Click Here|
|Flag Football||Aug. 27 @ 8:00 AM – Sept. 10 @ 11:59 PM||Click Here||Season||Click Here|
|Powder Puff Flag Football Tournament||Aug. 27 @ 8:00 AM – Sept. 28 @ 11:59 PM||Click Here||Tournament||Click Here|
|Softball||Aug. 27 @ 8:00 AM – Sept. 10 @ 11:59 PM||Click Here||Season||Click Here|
|Spikeball||Aug. 27 @ 8:00 AM – Sept. 24 @ 11:59 PM||Click Here||Season||Click Here|
|Tennis||Aug. 27 @ 8:00 AM – Sept. 10 @ 11:59 PM||Click Here||Season||Click Here|
|Fall 2014 Season 2||Registration Period||Register||Format||Rules|
|4-on-4 Indoor Soccer||Oct. 15 @ 8:00 AM – Oct. 29 @ 11:59 PM||Click Here||Season||Coming Soon|
|Basketball||Oct. 15 @ 8:00 AM – Oct. 29 @ 11:59 PM||Click Here||Season||Coming Soon|
|Canoe Battleship||Oct. 15 @ 8:00 AM – Nov. 27 @ 11:59 PM||Click Here||Single Day Event||Coming Soon|
|Dodgeball Extreme||Oct. 15 @ 8:00 AM – Oct. 29 @ 11:59 PM||Click Here||Season||Coming Soon|
|NCAA Bowl Pick’Em||Dec. 1 – Dec 20 on ESPN.com||Click Here||Winner Take All||Coming Soon|
|Racquetball||Oct. 15 @ 8:00 AM – Oct. 29 @ 11:59 PM||Click Here||Season||Coming Soon|
|Turkey Target Shoot||Nov. 25 On Site||Click Here||Single Day Event||Coming Soon|
|Walleyball||Oct. 15 @ 8:00 AM – Oct. 29 @ 11:59 PM||Click Here||Season||Coming Soon|
Some sports require the captain to attend a Captains’ Meeting. Those meetings are scheduled as follows:
- Flag Football – Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 5:00 PM in A. Ray Olpin Student Union Room 312
- Outdoor Soccer - Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 6:00 PM in A. Ray Olpin Student Union Room 312
- Softball - Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 7:00 PM in A. Ray Olpin Student Union Room 312
Why should I play Intramural Sports?
- Intramural Sports is a great way to get involved on campus.
- Participating in sports on campus is a nice break from the classroom.
- It looks great on your resume (really, it does).
- It’s FUN!
What should I know about Intramural Sports?
- You can play any number of team sports like flag football, soccer, and volleyball and many individual sports like tennis and racquetball.
- Skill levels are not important in Intramural Sports as most sports are set up into competitive and recreational leagues.
- Teams generally play once per week on specific days assigned to the leagues. Unless it’s a special event, games are NOT played on weekends.
- It is not necessary to have a full team to play Intramural Sports. You may sign up as a “free agent” and we can help you find a team.
How do I register?
- Create an account at www.imleagues.com/utah
- If you have a full team: Create a team under the sport in which you want to play. Once your team has met the minimum player requirement (different for each sport, refer to sport specific rules) you can select your league or division.
- If you need to find a team: Create an account at www.imleagues.com/utah and sign up as a “Free Agent.” Find a team that needs players or we will assist you in finding a team.
- Need help creating an account, registering a team, or signing up as a free agent? Download a help sheet.
- Can’t register online? Stop by the Campus Recreation Services Office (HPER-East 214) to get registered.
Are there policies I should know about?
- Yes. You need to download the Intramural Sports Rules and Regulations. You will need to take a short quiz based on the handbook before you can sign up to play.
Where can I find the rules for the sports?
- For sports rules you can click the link above for each sport or visit each respective sport page on www.imleagues.com.
I would like to work for Intramural Sports, how do I do that?
- There are several ways that you can become and Intramural Official. No prior knowledge of a sport is required; Intramural Sports holds a training for every sport officiated.
- You can stop by our booth at the Job fair on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 in the Union Ballroom from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
- We will be holding an Informational Meeting about Intramural Sports on Tuesday, September 2 in HPER North room 218 at 4:00 PM. If you are interested in working please attend this meeting.
- If you cannot make it to the Job Fair or the meeting but are still interested in becoming an Intramural Official please contact Matt McCarthy, the Intramural Sports Manager for more information.
- You can also stop into our office, HPER East Room 214, for more information
- Softball: Wednesday, September 3, from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM in Milton Bennion Hall Room 111
- Soccer: Friday, September 5, from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM in HPER East Room 206
- Flag Football Rules Meeting: Monday, September 8 from 4:00 – 6:00 PM in HPER East Room 206
- Flag Football On-Field Training: Tuesday, September 9 from 4:00 – 6:00 PM on the HPER North Fields
- Flag Football Controlled Scrimmages: Wednesday, September 10 from 6:00 – 8:30 PM on McCarthey Family Track and Field
All trainings are mandatory if you would like to work that sport.