- General Info
- Contact Us
Intramural Sports are open to all current University of Utah students or faculty/staff, alumni, or affiliated members with a Campus Recreation Services membership. They are a great way to stay fit and active while having fun with your friends.
The Intramural Sports Program offers competition in a wide variety of sports. We offer: Open (no gender requirements), Women’s only, Men’s only, and Co-Rec (men and women combined on one team) leagues and divisions. Competition is provided in the form of leagues, tournaments and special events programmed on a semester basis. A wide variety of team, dual, and individual sport experiences are offered. Anyone of any skill level or experience is encouraged participate.
|Summer 2016||Registration Period||Cost||Format||Night(s) of Play||Rules|
|Sand Volleyball (4-on-4)||May 16 @ 8:00 AM – May 25 @ 11:59 PM||$6||Open||Thursday||Click Here|
|Softball||May 16 @ 8:00 AM – May 25 @ 11:59 PM||$10||Open||Monday||Click Here|
|Soccer (9-on-9 and 4-on-4)||May 16 @ 8:00 AM – May 25 @ 11:59 PM||$10||Open||Mon. & Wed.||Click Here|
|Flag Football||May 16 @ 8:00 AM – May 25 @ 11:59 PM||$10||Open||Thursday||Click Here|
Key: Open = No Gender Restrictions; Co-Rec = Gender Ratio Must Be MaintainedCaptains' Meetings
- All Captains’ Meetings will be done online this semester. No meetings will be held in person. Upon creating a team, the captain will be prompted to complete a quiz. The slides that, in the past, were covered in the Captains’ Meetings will be available to view prior to taking the captains’ quiz.
Why play Intramural Sports?
- Intramural Sports are a great way to get involved on campus
- Participating in sports on campus is a nice break from the classroom
- It’s FUN!
How do I register?
- Create an account at www.imleagues.com/utah
- If you have a full team: Create a team under the sport in which you want to play. Once your team has met the minimum player requirement (different for each sport, refer to sport specific rules) you can select your league or division
- If you need to find a team: You can sign up for any team sport as a “Free Agent.” Look for the teams that are registers as “Looking For Players” and email the captain of those teams or request to join the team. If the sport has a Captains’ Meeting you are also free to come to one of those in order to attempt to add to a team. Intramural Sports cannot guarantee a spot on a team for every Free Agent
- Need help creating an account, registering a team, or signing up as a free agent? Download the help sheet
What should I know about Intramural Sports?
- You can play any number of team sports like flag football, soccer, and volleyball and many individual sports like tennis and
- Skill levels are not important in Intramural Sports as most sports are set up into competitive and recreational leagues
- Teams generally play once per week on specific days. Unless it’s a special event, games are NOT played on weekends
- It is not necessary to have a full team to play Intramural Sports. You may sign up as a “free agent” and we can help you find a team
Are there policies I should know about?
- Yes. You need to download the Intramural Sports Rules and Regulations. You will need to take a short quiz based on the handbook before you can sign up to play
How do I pay a Forfeit Fine that my team was assessed for not playing our Intramural Game?
- Please click the following link in order to pay: https://umarket.utah.edu/ecom/checkout.tpl?App_Type=0037&Item_Num=010
- If the team plays the remainder of its scheduled games (regular season and playoffs) a refund of the fine will be issued at the end of the season.
Becoming an Official:
- No prior knowledge of a sport is required; Intramural Sports holds a training for each sport we officiate
- If you are interested in becoming an Intramural Official please fill out the Intramural Sports Official’s Interest Form and email it to Matt McCarthy, the Intramural Sports Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also email Matt with any questions.
Softball: Monday, May 9, at 3:00 PM in the Hub
Outdoor Soccer: Tuesday, May 24 and Wednesday, May 25 3:00 PM in the Hub
Flag Football: Thursday, May 26, at 3:00 PM in the Hub
All trainings are mandatory for each sport. If you would like to work a sport but have an academic conflict with the training time please make arrangements with Matt prior to the training.